WELCOME! WE CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE YOU JOIN US ON OUR NEXT COASTAL TREK!
Into the Intertidal!
Discovering sea life around the Northwest Arm
Discovering sea life around the Northwest Arm
To keep you and our team safe during this time of pandemic, we have quite a few guidelines for you to read and questions to answer. Bear with us, it will ensure you have the best experience once we meet up outside and that everything is taken care of prior to the actual trip! 🌊
Step 1: Please read the notices below and fill out the Agreement Consent form indicating that you have read, understood and agree to the terms.
Step 2: Click Register to process your payment and save your spot.
Step 3: Participate in Tidal Trekkers and have fun! 🐚
Take note that Tidal Trekkers outings are limited to 5 households, with a maximum number of 6 participants per household.
Every household must remain 6ft (2m) away from each other throughout the duration of the program.
We ask that you please:
Upon registration, your contact information will be saved into our donor software, Bloomerang. Your credit card information is not saved. If you wish for us to discard all of your information, please notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon request, we will delete your information only after 30 days following the program. We must retain the contact info of every household for 30 days to aid in contact tracing should a participant contract COVID-19 following the program.
You will not be signed up to our e-list without your consent.
Take note that every Tidal Trekkers trip will include at least one staff member that has their First Aid training. A first aid kit will be on site and available at all times.
1. I acknowledge that accidents can occur with or without any fault on the part of the Participant or the Society and that participation in Tidal Trekkers is at the Participant’s own risk.
2. In the event of any accident or illness affecting the Participant, I authorize the Society to authorize, on my behalf, all procedures, including admission to hospital and any necessary treatment therein deemed essential for the care and well being of the Participant. Such action is only to be taken when immediate authorization from the undersigned cannot be obtained. It is understood that the Society is not responsible for any medical care costs.
3. I understand and fully accept that the Society reserves the right, at any time, to refuse continued participation in the Program by any person who at the sole discretion of the Society becomes a hazard to themselves, other Program participants, or the animals.
4. I hereby waive any and all claims which I may have against the Society and the Agents and release and indemnify the Society and the Agents from any and all liability for injury, property damage or any other loss sustained by the Participant as a result of participation in the Program. I acknowledge and agree that this limits the liability of the Agents to the same extent as it limits the liability of the Society.
Pictures allow us to promote our work and share more ocean education with our followers! If you'll allow us, we'd love to take photos of the participants during Tidal Trekkers.
1. I hereby assign and transfer to the Society all rights which I have in the photographs, motion picture, sound recordings or video footage that the Society has taken of me.
2. I consent to the use by the Society of the images, motion picture, sound recording or video footage for all purposes whatsoever, including, without limitation, for television, publication and any trade, advertising usage or stock sales, in perpetuity, world wide. These become exclusive property of the Society.
Any cancellations made within 48 hours of the program will not be reimbursed. Cancellations prior to that timeframe must be communicated either by email (email@example.com) or phone (902-817-2007).
An exception to the 48 hour rule is made if the cancellation is due to a COVID-19 reason.
Date: Thursday August 6th
Location: Regatta Point Walkway in Melville Cove, Northwest Arm of Halifax
Meeting point: Where Purcells Cove Rd meets the Regatta Point Walkway
Parking: unpaved loop right off the main road beside the entrance
Bus routes: Halifax transit stops that are close to the entrance include routes 9A/9B, 14, 25, 415
Length of program: 1.5 hours (1 hour program followed by 30 mins of free explorations and questions)
If you get lost on your way feel free to contact us for directions!
Joe: (902) 830-2531
Tidal Trekkers Checklist
We suggest you bring the following:
Now please complete your payment here!